Sections: Health and Safety | Quality | Human Resources | Statutory Inspections | Environment | Training
- Magnum Access Services is committed to and working towards being an Equal Opportunities Employer. The aim of our policy is to ensure that no employee or job applicant is treated less favourably than another on grounds of sex, gender, ethnic origin, age, religious beliefs, or disability or is disadvantaged by conditions and requirements.
- Appointment to Magnum Access Services and development within the company is considered solely on the basis of merit, ability and the business needs of the company.
The company complies with the provisions of the following Acts:
- Equal Pay Act 1970
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- Equality Act 2006
Recruitment and Selection
- The company has a well documented Recruitment and Selection Process.
- Detailed Employee specifications and Job Descriptions are developed for all posts within the organisation.
- The induction process has been designed and is implemented to ensure that all new employees have a full understanding of their Responsibilities in the performance of their duties for the company.
- Staff are provided with an Employee Handbook, Health Guide and Safety Guidance.
A detailed process for the planning and monitoring of all statutory inspections is applied to our operations.
Inspections are completed to comply with the latest statutory requirements and include:
- LGV Vehicles
- Portable Electrical Equipment
- Hoists and Lifting Equipment
- Personal Protective and Fall Protection Equipment
- Fire Protection Equipment.
The company maintains insurance policies for Employers Liability £10m, Public Liability £5m and Contract Works £1m. Additional levels of Insurance can be secured if requested by clients.
The company also maintains appropriate policies for Vehicles and Premises.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and to achieve this we have developed a Sustainability Policy based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities
- To make clients, suppliers and employees aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices
- To review and continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Health and Safety
The ethos of our business centres around the application of the very highest standards of Health and Safety.
We maintain a comprehensive Health and Safety Policy and Risk Management Process that is embedded into our operations.
The safety of our employees, customers and the general public in the performance of our duties is of paramount importance to our business.
We understand how important safety is to all businesses both legally and morally. Magnum have achieved Chas Accreditation and are committed to achieving the BS OHSAS 18001 standard in order to demonstrate to our customers that when they employ Magnum, the service they receive will be to the highest level of safety.
To provide excellent contract scaffolding services of the highest quality to all industries with a need for temporary scaffolding structures we have a Quality policy.
The policy is designed to ensure that:-
- Adequate financial plans, HR policies and Health and Safety policies that comply with current legal and contractual requirements are implemented and communicated to all levels of the organisation
- The effectiveness of plans, policies and procedures will be monitored and reviewed.
- Plans, policies and procedures will be revised when necessary to meet changes in legal or contractual requirements, technology or improvements in work processes.
- Customer satisfaction will be measured, feedback recorded, assessed and used to improve future service.
- Materials, systems and plant will comply with current quality standards and positively contribute to enhanced performance and the Health and Safety of our employees and customers
- The company is committed to working towards ISO 9001:2008.
Training and Investors in People
Magnum recognises that employees are our most valuable asset and a key factor in determining the success of our business. We understand the importance of training . All staff hold the appropriate CISRS or CSCS card and all Scaffolders have the appropriate CITB scaffolding qualification. We provide on the job and off the job training courses and NVQ's are offered internally and externally to all staff where appropriate.
Magnum has been recognised as an Investor in People.
Through our comprehensive in house training programme, we ensure that each employee:
- ) has a clear understanding of what is required from them;
- ) has the skills, competence and knowledge necessary to enable them to perform effectively;
- ) is encouraged to accept responsibility, to develop their full potential and to obtain the maximum satisfaction from their employment.
The company has a comprehensive staff development review process and produces an annual Training Plan to meet the needs of the business and employees. Training is reviewed and evaluated to ensure effectiveness so that clients can be confident that they will have fully competent operatives working on their contracts.
What our employees say about working for Magnum Services
“This is the best scaffolding company that I have worked for.”
“Health and Safety is the main priority, we have to do things right.”
“This is the best company I have worked for, for training and development.”